MEG-1 Block Wise Important questions based on 10 years question papers

 MEG-1 Block Wise Important questions based on 10 years question papers



“ I “ = Each “I” denotes the number of times this topic came in the previous 10 years' paper. IIII = 5 



Block -1 

Chaucer - II

CT - IIII IIII IIII 

NPT - IIII IIII


Block - 2

Spenser - III 

Amoretti sonnet - I

Sonnet - 77 - II

67 - I

Epi and Pro - IIII III

Epi - IIII

Pro - IIII


Block - 3

Metaphysical poets - III

John Donne - II

Twicknam garden - II

A valediction - IIII

The Good Morrow - III

The canonization - I

The ecstasy - I



Herbert - I

Redemption - II

The Pulley - II


Andrew Marvell - I

The Garden - IIII

To his coy mistress - IIII

Horatio Ode - I


Block - 4

Milton - II

Sonnet-23 - II

On the morning of Christ’s nativity - IIII

Lycidas -  IIII III

Il Pensiero - II

L'allegro - III


Block - 5

Satire age - I

Alexander Pope

Epistle to arbuthnot  - IIII IIII 

Dryden - III (restoration age)

Mac flecknoe - IIII IIII 

Alexander's feast - I


Block - 6

Wordsworth

The Prelude - IIII IIII III


Keats:

Hyperion - IIII


Blake: III

London - I

Tyger - IIII

The sick rose - I


Coleridge

Dejection ode - II

Kubla khan - IIII


Block - 7 

PB Shelly

The Triumph of life - IIII IIII II 


Keats

Hyperion - IIII 



Block- 8

Robert Browning - I

Porphyria's lover - IIII IIII 

Childe roland to dark knight came - III

Bishop orders his Tomb - IIII IIII

Fra Lippo lippi - II

Sordello - I


Rosetti

The blessed Damozel - IIII I

The goblin Market - I


Oscar Wild

The Ballad of the reading Gaol - II


"The Victorian poets lacked the fire and passion which we find in the poets of the Romantic Revival, but they excelled them in breadth of outlook and variety of method." Discuss. - II- Answer is in IGNOU Book- Block-9 Modernist Poets Unit-42 in 42.2.



Block - 9


WB Yeats - II

Sailing to Byzantium - II

Easter 1916 - IIII IIII

Lapis Lazuli - II

No second troy - IIII

Adam’s curse - I


TS Elliot:

The waste land - IIII IIII III


Block - 10


Dylan Thomas

And Death shall have no Dominion - IIII

Fern Hill - II


Philip Larkin - I

Church Going - III

I remember - III

Mr. Bleaney - II

Toads - I


Sylvia - IIII

Lady Lazarus  - II

Daddy - I

The Colossus - I




Poets - Chaucer - II, Spenser - II , Metaphysical poets - III, John Donne - I, Herbert - I, Andrew Marvell - I, Milton - I, Blake- III, Browning-I, Yeats - I, Sylvia Plath - III, Dryden and restoration age.





Satirical Poets, Renaissance, Pre Raphaelite, Romanticism - II, Metaphysical poetry, Major sources of Chaucer's vocabulary, Victorian poets, romanticism and robert burn, First world war and poetry, Confessional poetry,





List of important Poets and their poems. PART-1

 

Block 1 - Chaucer 1343 - 1400 (Medieval Poet)

 

Poems - 

1) Prologue to Canterbury Tales

2) Nonnes Preestes Tale

There is also a modernised version of both in your block.

 

Block 2 - Edmund Spenser 1552 - 1599 (Renaissance Poet)

 

Poems - 

1) Text of the Sonnets (Amoretti) XXXIIII, LXVII, LXXVII

2) Epithalamion

3) Prothalamion

 

Block 3 - John Donne 1572 - 1631 (Metaphysical Poet)

 

Poems - 

1) The Flea

2) The Canonization

3) A Valediction : forbidding mourning

4) Twicknam Garden

5) The Good Morrow

6) The Extasie

7) A Nocturnal upon S. Lucies day

8 ) Batter my heart

9) A Hymn to God the father

 

Block 4 - John Milton 1608 - 1674 (The Late Renaissance)

 

Poems - 

1) On the Morning of Christ’s Nativity

2) Lycidas

3) L’Allegro

4) Penseroso

5) Sonnet 19/23

 

Block 5 - Dryden/Pope (Neoclassical Poets)

 

Poet 1 - John Dryden 1631 - 1700

 

Poems - 

1) Mac Flecknoe or A satire upon the true Blue Protestant Poet - T. S. 

2) Alexander’s Feast or the power of Music an ode in honour of St. Cecilia’s Day

 

Poet 2 - Alexander Pope 1688 - 1744

 

Poem -

1) Satire and Epistles Prologue - An Epistle to Dr. Arbuthnot

 

 List of important Poets and Poems Part 2.

 

Block 6 - William Wordsworth 1770 - 1850 (Romantic Poet)

 

Poem - 

1) The Prelude

 

Block 7 - Percy B. Shelley 1792 - 1822 (Romantic 2)

 

Poem - 

1) The Triumph of Life

 

Block 8 - Robert Browning 1812 - 1889 (Victorian Poet)

 

Poems - 

1) Sordello at Mantua

2) Porphyria’s Lover

3) The Bishop Orders his Tomb at Saint Praxed’s Church

4) Childe Roland to Dark Tower Came

5) Fra Lippo Lippi

 

Block 9 - Yeats, Eliot (Modernist Poets)

 

Poet 1 - William Butler (W. B.)Yeats 1865 - 1939

 

Poems - 

1) Adam’s Curse

2) No Second Troy

3) Easter 1916

4) Sailing to Byzantium

5) Lapiz Lazuli

 

Poet 2 - Thomas Stearns (T. S.)Eliot 1888 - 1965

 

Poems - 

1) The Waste Land 1922

2) The Burial of the Dead

3) A Game of Chess

4) The Fire Sermon

5) Death by Water

 

Block 10 - Philip Larkin 1922 - 1985 (Modernist & Post Modernist)

 

Poems - 

1) I Remember, I Remember

2) Toads

3) Mr. Bleaney

4) Church Going

5) The Whitsun Weddings

6) A Grass

7) Toads Revisited


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters to ARBUTHNOT

Age of Chaucer

Epithalamion and Prothalamion Summary & Analysis plus Notes